Here are some things that strike me as odd….
1. The word “odd” should be spelled “od,” or better yet, “poosh” – now that would be odd.
2. “long vowels” are not actually long, and “short vowels” are not actually short.
In fact, often it’s just the opposite. Compare the short and long “a”:”Aaaaaaah, a tomato!” And of course there is “Aaaaaaaaw! A kitten!” as well as, “Uuuuuuuuuh, I dunno,” and “Iiiiiiiiiiinteresting…. a man with three buttocks.”
3. It doesn’t faze my dog that I can open the garage door without touching it. Come to think of it, he doesn’t seem to question my ability to open the back window of the car apparently by saying, “Here you go. Now you can sniff out the window.”
4. It’s the job of children to reduce the potential energy of objects by putting them on the floor, and it is the job of adults to pick the objects back up and put them on elevated surfaces. In this way, we keep the universe in equilibrium.
5. The country with more nuclear weapons than all of the other countries on earth combined, which is also the only country ever to have dropped nuclear bombs on people, twice, which has also tested nuclear weapons on its own people, keeps bombing other countries or threatening to do so, because they may develop a single nuclear weapon.
6. We generally think it a bad thing to take our work home with us, yet we give children homework.
7. As a way to spread their seeds more widely, apple trees have evolved so that part of their bodies will taste good to other creatures.
8. Dogs must think it strange that human beings flush perfectly good smelling poop down the toilet. They must think it even stranger that sometimes we pick up their poop & walk around with it in plastic bags. I’m glad I am not tasked with explaining that to my dog.
9. People who make websites are perfectly comfortable having us type in complex passwords, addresses, and credit card numbers, but make us scroll down long and annoying drop down menus in order to include a 2-letter state abbreviation.
10. Some people pay loads of money for animals which have evolved to bark, only to spend the next 10 to 15 years yelling at those animals every time they bark.