New words, better than the tired, old words you’ve grown used to:
- Ashamorse [ə-ˈshām-hȯrs] The state of being ashamed and having remorse. This word came from my teenage daughter. A related version: shamorse.
- Arborcide [är-bər-sīd] The murder of trees (“We’re not into arborcide – we have an artificial Christmas tree.”)
- Pizzarito [pēt-sə-rē-tō] Make a pizza on a torilla, roll it up & you have a pizzarito.
- Afraud [a-frȯd] African email scams
- Christmasochist [kris-mə-sə-kist] Someone who takes on way too much at Christmas
- Kwanzaaholic* [kwän-zə-hȯ-lik] Someone who’s a bit over the top with Kwanzaa
- Vaccumulate [va-kyüm-ə-lāt] To accumulate vacuums
- Tesslatte [tes-lä-tā] My drink of choice when I am driving my (future) Tessla
- Placebotox [plə-ˈsē-bō-täk] A saline injection substituting for an actual botox treatment
- Extravagansett* [ik-ˌstra-və-ˈgan-zət] Any celebration in Narragansett, Rhode Island
*Courtesy Auntie Linda
To try out some older new words, click the daisy: